GRID CARBO is a modern alternative to standard methods of wall protection during the decommissioning process.
The GRID CARBO grid (40-1200) is made of high-strength polyester fibres, characterized by a high rigidity modulus and low creep coefficient. The fibres also have antistatic properties, are non-flammable and resistant to corrosion.
We offer GRID CARBO with the full fastening system.
Places of application:
- Mining sites: methane-free and methane-bearing fields, headings of methane explosion hazard class A, B or C and dust coal explosion hazard class A or B (hard coal mines), underground headings of mining operations extracting primary and common products (zinc and lead, copper ore and salt mines) without any methane explosion hazard class or dust coal explosion hazard class
- Hard coal mines
- Highway engineering and construction industry
- Other industries (as required)
- Protection of lower coal beds
Protection of roof and side wall of driven headings (instead of steel mesh or bentonite)
- Heading lagging with high strength for surrounding rocks
- Strengthening of filling walls and creation of filling partitions.
- Application of GRID CARBO to a filling wall or partitioning
- Strengthening excavations with a corroded steel mesh
- Securing the excavation floor
- Shotcreting of excavations (as additional reinforcement)
- Securing the ceiling during mining into thick bed layers
- Installation of a transport section for liquidation of wall equipment
- Liquidated and reinforced wall sections
- Simple assembly (small workforce required)
- High reliability
- Good integrity
- Safe installation
|GRID CARBO grid (cladding) type|
|Tensile strength [kN/m]||longitudinal||40||50||60||100||200||400||600||800||1000||1200|
|Mesh size [mm]||100×100||50×50||60×60||50×50||30×30||53×40||46×33||40×30||40×25||40×25|
|Elongation at break point [%]||13±3|
|Fire resistance / Antistatic properties||Compliance with MT 141-2005, NCB 245:1985 standards and international FRAS certificate|
|Surface resistance [Ω]||≤ 1×109|
|Average burning time [s]||≤3|
|Average glow time [s]||≤10|
|Oxygen index [%]||≥21|
|Width [m]||Width 1-50m or other|
|Length [m]||Standard length up to 50m; custom designs up to 400 or other|
|Corrosion prevention||No corrosion (rusting) or ageing|
|Chemical resistance||Resistant to acids, alkalis and other chemical compounds|
|Environmental impact||Friendly to the natural environment and safe for contact with people|
GRID CARBO vs metal grid
|Type||Width [m]||Strength [kN/m]||Elongation [%]||Width [kg/m2]||Mesh size [mm]|
|Grid Carbo||As needed||30～1000||<13||0.36～3.6||10～30|
|Metal grid||Complicated and ineffective||Many workers||Suspension and connection of grids||Risky||Low integrity,
|Grid Carbo||Simple and highly efficient||Few workers||High||Safe||Large surfaces, no
assembly required, good integrity
The standards and manuals are developed in compliance with applicable laws, including:
Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 28 June 2002 “On occupational health and safety, operations and specialized fire protection in underground mining plants” (Dz. U. No. 139 item 1169 and of 2006, No. 124, item 863), with particular reference to:
360. “Chemical materials and plastic products used in mining excavations meet the requirements for fire retardancy, anti-electrostatic properties and non-toxicity, while belt conveyors are equipped with a flame retardant belt, control devices and self-activating extinguishing equipment”.
We are specialists in the use of the most advanced pipe extrusion processes.
Today we are better than yesterday. We create new value, we change for the better.
It is never accidental, always repeatable. Everything is the result of smart effort.
Meaning our best reference. Individual requirements need custom solutions.